Yesterday Ryan and I returned from two glorious weeks spent in Italy.
Despite the fact that stormy weather followed us around the country for every leg of the trip, we had a great time. I am in love with that country and could most definitely live in Italy. I am currently working on convincing Ryan that we need to rent a house in Tuscany and spend a summer month there in a year or two.
I most enjoyed not worrying about work, blogging, Etsy shops, or house projects for two whole weeks. I didn’t even have a working cell phone. FABULOUS!
However, after two weeks spent in various Italian hotels, it was good to get home and finally get one good night’s sleep. And shower in a normal shower. And eat vegetables.
Here’s how Ryan summarized our trip in his “we’re home safe” email to our family and friends:
Our bathroom is a normal size that I fit in. You’ll hear all about Italy from us soon, and knowing Jane she’ll start uploading photos as soon as she can boot her computer….
Just for some quick highlights:
- I got to drive around Italy and every driver over there is insane.
- We saw a homeless guy picking up trash on the street. His rear end exposed for the world outside of our fancy Florence restaurant. Also, Santa Claus was there with us.
- Venice is, indeed, sinking.
- Burano? More like Bore-ano!
- Everything in Italy is uphill.
- Cinque Terre is no longer undiscovered. It is very very discovered.
Obviously I’ll be sharing our trip once I sort through my thousands of photos and recover from jet lag and all that jazz. Since I know that the Italy recap posts will be more for family and friends, I’ll be sure to sprinkle them in amongst more typical Borrowed Abode project posts. I have many that I didn’t finish before I left for the trip. 🙂
In the mean time, I’d love to hear how everyone is doing! 2 weeks seems like ages in blogland!