Living Room: Painted!

Say goodbye to my bland living room, because no photo of it will ever look this way again:

The healthy dose of Behr’s Tate Olive paint that we splashed on our living room walls was just the trick we needed to add some colorful dimension to the space:

I can say, without a doubt, that WE LOVE IT!

Painting the two walls that comprise this corner of the living room was really the cheapest, fastest, and easiest way to take the room from bland to glam. Doesn’t it just look so much more sophisticated?  The green provides the perfect backdrop for our gleaming wood pieces, as well as the white sofa and chairs.

The painting may move to the dining room now, because it doesn’t pop as much on the [now green] wall in this corner:

We have clever plans to make the transition from living room wall to dining room wall more polished, but we can live with the nice straight line for the next few days:

Now it’s time for me to get back out there and finish building and staining my entryway shelf, working on implementing the rest of my mood board, and making a 30th birthday cake for Ryan’s big day this weekend.

Have a great weekend!  Any fun plans for you guys?

~Jane

For awesome updates & exclusive discounts on Janery pet beds, please sign up for my newsletter!

35 thoughts on “Living Room: Painted!

1. Mikalah

Oh my! If I had seen this in person, I would have been squealing and doing the happy dance! It looks SO good. You really chose a wonderful color, I love how it brings out the wood tones and shows off the white furniture so well.

2. Samantha

I love it! Those windows really make the color work in the room and your couch and chairs, for lack of a better word, “pop”. Sorry I know thats a bad word, but it’s so true!!

3. LifeinRehab

Jane, I LOVE it! What fanatstic color, and your room looks completely different, lively, and- dare I say?- magazine worthy!

1. Anonymous

Meghan –
      I was about to buy my sofa at Crate and Barrel (it’s the Petrie sofa) but
      then I found it on Craigslist for 1/4 of the price, all because there is a
      hole in the upholstery on one of the arms. That is why a nice, cozy white
      faux-fur throw lives on that arm. :)
      I’m really glad I bought it used, because the fabric doesn’t wear or clean
      well. I plan to someday get it reupholstered in a microsuede or
      high-quality faux leather so that it is what we call “more Jane-proof.” :)

-j

2. viki

The green looks absolutely amazing and soothing. Can you tell me what paint you used and what code is it? Thx

4. Anonymous

LOVE ITTTTTTT

My plans for the weekend include not being sick anymore :( One of these weekends I’m painting my pepto-pink rental bathroom something much less medicinal.

5. Cheryl Claudine

Wow, it looks fabulous! What a daring colour choice that worked out beautifully. I love how your white sofa stands out. Thanks for your comment re: the Petrie sofa btw, as I have coveted that sofa but will now reconsider because of your issues with the fabric!

6. Pingback: How To ‘Scape the Table | The Borrowed Abode

7. kelly alice

Hi there,

I love your blog; we are in a borrowed townhouse and we love making it our home. I’m ready to redo one of the bedrooms from a nice muted shade of sage to a nice bright olive. I’d love to know what brand/color you used here when you have a moment!

ka

8. Pingback: Secondhand Scores: The Living Room | The Borrowed Abode

9. Pingback: Rental Decorating 101: Tips for Painting Apartments | The Borrowed Abode

10. Pingback: 2011′s Most Awesome Projects | The Borrowed Abode